Thursday, June 11, 2015

Font Magica

Our Font Magica experience started out very poorly.  Its only about a mile from the apartment, so we decided to head out around seven.  It was lightly drizzling.  By the time we got there we were dealing with a steady downpour.  After standing for a while in the rain I utilized my limited Spanish and asked an attendant when the first show started.  Nine.  Pouring rain for an hour and a half.  That wasn't going to work.  So we walked back home, and let the kids watch the Disney channel for a while.  I don't think I mentioned it before, but Michael was the hero of the day a couple days ago when he figured out how to get rid of the Spanish language overlay on Disney and the kids were able to hear the original English.  Never been so thankful for Jessie and Dog with a Blog in my life.  Of course I didn't even know those shows existed until this trip, but when I am trying to nap after a six mile hike, I want them to do something!!!


We also had the sad realization that all of our clean, dry laundry was no longer dry.  Bummer.  And one of the towels fell off the clothesline and landed in the courtyard of the apartment below us.  Ugh!  Such complications.

I tried to make Spanish hot cocoa while they were resting in front of the TV, and failed abysmally.  Such a discouraging evening!

So when the rain let up and we decided to give Font Magica another try I was unsure if it was a good idea.  I was not doing very well with vacation planning today.

Never been so glad to be wrong.  Font Magica was awesome!  The kids loved it -  they have been so patient with art and architecture and "Shh, we are in a church," and "Shh, we are in a museum" that I was so glad that they liked this so much.
The fountains are choreographed to the music playing, so they change and dance in time with the songs.  The colors change like crazy, but I was partial to the oranges and pinks because they contrasted so beautifully with the evening sky.  Its so much fun.  And its really tall.  I would guess some of the higher spouts are three stories high!











So pretty.  Perhaps if we are lucky we will make it back before we leave.



No comments:

Post a Comment