Friday, June 12, 2015

Cosmocaxia

Today we went to Cosmocaxia - Barcelona's science museum. 

Getting on the metro heading to the museum we had our first medical issue of the vacation - Gabi's nose started bleeding like crazy.  She hadn't bonked it or anything, it just started gushing, a lot like her dad's does.  Was I prepared with tissues?  Of course not.  But a bunch of Spaniards were - grandmas and ladies were handing me tissues and telling me in Spanish to put cold water on her neck to cool her down, trying to tell her how to hold her head and her nose, and doing a lot of staring which made Gabi feel very embarrassed.  One lady, who was obviously from the US because I could actually understand her, dug a chunk of ice out of a backpack in a napkin and gave it to me to ice her nose.  Couldn't have gotten more attention in an ER.  And after trying very hard to follow everyone's instructions, it did stop bleeding before we got off the train! Gabi was happy to be away from all the staring eyes for sure.  She didn't like that too much.


I mentioned yesterday how great the kids have been with all the grown up sites we have been seeing, so it was good to let them go crazy at a hands-on museum. 

 There were lots of exhibits, but we were more interested in playing with the kids than taking a whole bunch of pictures!

This was one of the coolest - it was a rainforest exhibit with the base of the trees in the aquarium.  It had some really large fish.


 Big fish.  Really big fish.












This was in the "What will the world look like in 85 years" exhibit.


We took the metro back and went to get food for dinner. After the market we headed up to our new favorite Middle Eastern bakery.  Oh my goodness they have a bread there that is like naan, but it is about an inch thick.  ITS AMAZING!  We let each of the kids choose a sweet every day.  This is Gabi's pick for the day - its baklava, but its the prettiest baklava I have ever seen.  This bakery has about 20 kinds of it.  Have I ever mentioned that baklava is one of my favorite desserts ever?  Baklava every day is pretty much my dream life.  So you can guarantee that I had a piece (or maybe two) myself.  Mine was covered in chopped almonds.  Mmmmmm.....

No comments:

Post a Comment