Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Dog thoughts - by Sophie

Dog Thoughts on Vacations - by Sophie

Vacation - I still have no idea what that means.  What I do know is that I don't understand where we are, where my house is, or where we will be tomorrow.  We drive and drive some days and when I get out I don't recognize a single smell.  My parents want me to potty every time we stop somewhere, and they are very impatient about the whole business - and then for some reason I get a treat just for going - which is pretty exciting.  I sure hope they keep that up.

I find it very frustrating that my people leave me in this little house while they go to do things - I have eaten a couple things to show my displeasure.  I realize I have air conditioning that keeps the temperature around 70 degrees, but a dog can get lonely.  The only bright side is that they feel guilty enough about it to give me bones to chew.  Again, I would like that to continue after this is over.

I have met a lot of dogs during our travels - one of them was a golden retriever like my friend Daisy back home - I got really excited for a second when I saw that dog, but alas, it was not her.  I also saw a bulldog like my friend Ellie back home - but I knew pretty quickly that it wasn't Ellie either.  None of the dogs I have met like to rough house quite like my friends back home.

I love to kill bugs - which makes my mom very, very thankful.  I am pretty good at snapping bugs out of the air, and then I just prefer to bite their heads off.  I get treats for that sometimes too.  I have also discovered something that Luke calls "frogs."  I only know that there are little jumpy things that I want to catch - desperately - but no one seems to want to let me and since I always have that blasted leash on I can't break free. 

Speaking of the leash, I detest it.  I spend a lot of time making it known that the leash has to go - but they keep putting it on me.  I am very annoyed with them about it and have been trying to show them I can walk myself while holding the leash in my mouth, but they don't believe me.

I have been receiving a great deal of attention from fellow travelers - everyone seems to want to pet me and scratch my tummy.  I don't have any idea why, but there is no downside to it.  I hope very much that I will have a whole day of love and affection today, because today is my birthday - I am one year old today - and I am putting up with a great deal with these crazy people I live with, so I deserve some extra TLC.

Happy Birthday Sophie!




2 comments:

  1. oh my -- this post is hilarious! I'd forgotten about the email you sent me with this blog link, but I was thinking about you today, and your blog popped into my head, so I just re-lived your whole vacation by proxy reading through all your blog posts -- and now I'm exhausted!! What fun!! What an adventure! Love all the pictures and posts! Happy trails!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday, Sophie! What a lucky doggy to be spending your first birthday on a grand adventure! p.s. I'm sure the treats will continue after the trip, just maybe not for all the same things. HAHA-woof!

    ReplyDelete