Monday, July 28, 2014

Spanish Fork

All the munchkins holding still!
What a relaxing time we had in Spanish Fork! We drove into town to visit with our long time friends Lans and Chatti, only to find out that Lans had been called away to manage a fire.  So frustrating!  While he was off fighting the fire, we held down the fort with Chatti and our combined seven kids, who joyously ran a muck. Chatti always makes us scrumptious food - and this time was no exception.  And we almost always make sushi - Chatti is the reason we love sushi.

Chatti and I


Our first night we had the great opportunity to see most, though not all, of my Utah relatives including my Aunt Nancy and Uncle Glenn, my cousins Dave, Liz, and Michelle and their gorgeous families, my cousin Mark's wife, Bree and their TWO sets of twins, and we even talked to my cousin Catherine online while we were there.  If I counted right there were 22 second cousins!  My cousin Dave's wife Julie graciously hosted this crazily large group and it was wonderful - my heart was so happy to see them all again.

Our final evening in Spanish Fork we got together with my friend Melanie Anderson, who I knew in high school, her family, and her parents.  It was great for both of our families to get acquainted and they treated us to venison and elk burgers.  I wasn't sure if the kids would go for that - they love to watch deer and elk when we are camping - but Luke and Isa gobbled up the venison.  They LOVED it.  Gabi didn't even need to consider what she wanted to eat - there were hot dogs available.  All the kids got along great and I think would have played all night.  After we left I thought about how wonderful love is - we learn to love people once, and all through our lives that love exists.  I hadn't seen Melanie or her mom or dad in almost 20 years, but I remembered how much I love them the second I saw them.  That really is a beautiful thing.

2 comments:

  1. Visiting with you guys made me wish we were neighbors and could visit together all the time! I'm pretty sure everyone you visited on your trip felt the same way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We loved seeing you! Now its your turn to come over and visit us!

    ReplyDelete