Sunday, July 20, 2014

Seattle


Oh the joys of new experiences!  For Michael's birthday we headed from Sol Duc towards Seattle.  We took the RV on a ferry.  The kids couldn't understand the concept - where were we going to park the RV to go on the ferry?  Blew their minds when we drove on that big ship!  We had taken a ferry before in Wisconsin, but none of them apparently remembered it well enough - and that ferry was tiny compared to the one we used to cross the Puget Sound.  We took the Kingston/Edmunds ferry for all my NW friends, just for reference.

The kids being wind swept as we glided through the water.
Luke's hood wouldn't stay on his head and he had a major
case of the giggles about it.
We had a lovely dinner at Outback (all thanks and love to the Kothe family for treating us to Michael's birthday dinner!)

Today we drove north to attend church and have lunch with my Aunt Sarah.  She is my dad's baby sister and I have always adored her.  She lives in Arlington now - and she's a Master Sergeant in the Army active reserve.  (I never know if I say that right)  Anyway, she is a career counselor for reservists and I think she's fabulous.  She cooked up not one but two giant crock pots of meat and veggies, stuffed us full, and then sent us with enough leftovers to last the rest of the trip! I love getting together with my family!  Its not something that I have been able to do too much of, so I really cherish it when it happens!

No comments:

Post a Comment