Friday, July 4, 2014

Monterey and San Jose



Yesterday we drove from Pfeiffer Big Sur to Monterey to see the Monterey Bay Aquarium.


The kids were so excited once we got inside – especially Luke, who was just about bouncing out of his skin.




This exhibit was called the splash zone, and it roared water over the glass every few seconds.  Really cool.  It simulated a tidal environment, I think.



I love the wonder in her face!






We were all fascinated by all the different life in the sea.  We were especially fond of the jellyfish, octopus, and all the touch tanks.
Jellies!
More Jellies!
Gabi insisted I take a picture of these tiny jellyfish.  They were so small.
Learning about the deep sea.
Octopus! 



Beautiful Monterey.

After the aquarium we headed to San Jose for a long overdue visit with Michael’s college roommate, Mike Moody.  We met his wonderful wife, Jennie, and their son, Sean.  Our reunion was very graciously hosted by Moody’s mom, Amy, whom we knew from our college days too.  Reuniting with these friends was great fun, and they treated us to a fabulous barbecue!  We even had a chance to have San Jose’s famous Burnt Almond Cake.  Oh my goodness – that cake is on my “I have to learn to make that” list now.  It is divine.


Michael and Moody

3 comments:

  1. No matter what I do, I can not get the text to wrap the way it is supposed to on this blog entry! I am giving up and moving on. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, Debbie...I hunted this down for you. It's a complicated recipe, but as an expert baker, I know you'll master it. Here's a recipe for Burnt Almond Cake (you don't have to share, but I'd love it if you would!!) http://www.food.com/recipe/burnt-almond-cake-29664

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooo! Thank you Angela! I am going to try to make it when I get home!!

    ReplyDelete