Sunday, June 29, 2014

Viva Las Vegas - the canine perspective, with commentary.....

The 25th of June was my birthday.  We woke up that morning in a place with a really deep hole in the ground.  My family seemed to be impressed by it.  I couldn’t go on many trails, so I was irked.  Fortunately, we soon left, but then we drove and drove and it got hot.  My family seemed excited and were making phone calls setting up some kind of plan.  I was still hot.  Soon we arrived in a place they called Las Vegas.  Hot, very hot.  Before I knew it, we were inside a nice cool store, and a lovely lady was rubbing my belly.  I overheard people saying this was PetSmart.  Luke said for my birthday they were getting me a spa treatment, complete with a mani/pedi.  Oh my.  What fun that sounds like.  My family went away and left me there.   When they returned, I was clean and brushed with a lovely little bow in my fur.  Happy Birthday Sophie.

The mom's perspective:  Las Vegas was an exciting stop for us because we were able to spend a few hours with Michael’s dad and stepmom and his two stepbrothers and their families.  What a joy it is to see people that we love!  We had such a fabulous time.  Sophie got dropped off at PetSmart for a bath so we wouldn’t have to leave her in a hot RV while we were in the restaurant.  Worked like a charm.  

No comments:

Post a Comment