Saturday, July 18, 2015

New Jersey - a Canine Perspective (With human commentary)

My family is very confusing.  About two months ago my things began disappearing.  My couch went onto the front lawn.  My favorite chair in the office was moved out. Great mountains of cubes were stacked around the house.  And then one day a big truck appeared outside and all of the cubes and furniture - even my crate - were gone.  They took that big truck away and a few days later we got in the RV to take a trip.  I love going on trips!  It means I get to lie in my bed next to mom in the RV and ride for hours without even having to move.  And I always get extra treats and bones for no apparent reason at all.


Three days after we left our house we arrived in New Jersey to see Grandma Chris and Grandpa Don.  I have been here before - there is lots of room to run.  But then my family did something unacceptable - they left one day with their suitcases and they were gone a VERY LONG TIME.  I did not like that they were gone, but it turns out that I am persuasive at getting Grandpa Don to play with me.  They bought me toys and bones and played with me, multiple times a day!  Unbelievable!  I soon discovered that there are all sorts of wild exciting things to chase here too - at night there are lightening bugs and in the morning there are deer, cats, squirrels, rabbits, butterflies, the list goes on and on.  I love a good deer chase.

Then one night my family walked back in the door.  I had just gotten used to sleeping with Grandpa Don and now I had to figure things out all over again.  But it worked out okay, we all stayed together this time.

Now I find myself concerned again.  Mom and Dad are loading the RV with the suitcases and I have to wonder if we are going away again.  We have never been in one place so long away from home.  I am confused.  And I miss my best dog Daisy.  I don't want to play Frisbee without Daisy.   I will content myself with my new toys.

Here I am, not playing Frisbee while all the rest of them practice throwing.


Here we are playing with a helicopter.  

And I had better see my stuff again soon.  Ahem.   Hint, hint mom.

Mom's commentary:
Sophie turned three this year.  She has traveled to 37 states and will pick up another before the summer is over.

We have been out of a house since May 31.  That is a very long time to be away from "home" where ever that might be.  We are leaving on Monday to make the drive to Alabama in order to close on our new home next week.  I honestly don't know what we would have done if Chris and Don hadn't opened their home to us this summer - we've been here off and on for two and a half weeks, and Sophie has been here for a month and a half.  It has been a wonderful summer, but it is time to get our lives moving again. 
Our temporary New Jersey home.  Thank heavens for friends who love us!
And for play structures in the front yard.

And for quiet times
For exciting times (Greenwich Point, Greenwich, CT)
For Jersey humidity (NOT!)  Can you believe the humidity fog on this lens?

And for Don and Chris who have fed and housed us and kept our dog alive all summer long.

 Without them, this summer would have been miserable.  You guys are angels on earth!

No comments:

Post a Comment